Teacher Development Work
I am a teacher, teacher educator, and ELT author.
My main ELT qualifications are a Diploma in TEFLA and an M.A. in Applied Linguistics from Reading University.
I own and run CELT Athens and am responsible for the design and implementation of all courses offered at CELT. To date, I have designed and run numerous seminars and workshops in Greece and other countries for schools and teacher associations.
I train teachers face-to-face as well as online; my courses include the Cambridge CELTA and DELTA (which we also offer online) and a new range of Moodle courses on ICT for ELT, ELT Management and Young Learners. You can read more about me on my website here
I am happy to accept invitations to speak at conferences, give talks, run demonstration lessons and masterclasses as well as more extended workshops. I have presented at many conferences, including IATEFL International, TESOL France, Brazil TESOL, TESOL Greece, as well as on numerous online Conferences and Events. Samples of some of the recordings of my presentations can be viewed here
Teacher Trainer on Tailor Made/Bespoke courses and workshops
- Access the online Seminars and Workshop Topics checklist here and make a choice; if you are looking for Staff Development workshops, engage your teacher in the choice. Copy and print the questionnaire of topics and do a mini survey. Add any topics you think your school needs.
- Look through my slideshare page where I have uploaded many of the slides of my public talks – these include keynote and plenary presentations as well as online talks and webinars offered at various events
- Sample some of the recordings of my presentations here
- Fill in the contact form below with a request to get in touch and have an online meeting to discuss your needs .
My centre offers a variety of courses in English, from general purpose classes to tailor made courses for Business English. We also offer a range of courses in Modern Greek, courses which many TEFL colleagues take just to experience some of the methods first hand!
I do a lot of volunteer work for ELT, sharing through Facebook and Twitter and maintaining & supporting many different online communities.
- I am one of the founding moderators of #ELTchat, a weekly discussion of ELT teachers on Twitter which was nominated & shortlisted in the 2012 ELTon Awards for Innovation in Teacher Resources. To find out more about this great weekly chat offering free professional development, visit the #ELTchat website here. A few more nominations/awards for blogging by international websites can be viewed here.
- I also write for/maintain the #ELTchat blog with my fellow moderators
- I have served on the TESOL Greece Board both as a regular board member as well as Vice Chair. I am a founding member of this association although currently no longer a member
- Since 2015 I have been working on the Committee of the IATEFL Learning Technologies Special Interest Group as Community Manager.
Publications: I have written materials for young learners and for using literature in ELT and have published articles in a variety of print and online journals – some can be viewed here – I maintain the following blogs and websites:
In 2016, I contributed a chapter to the book Creativity in the English Language Classroom edited by Alan Maley and Nik Peachey